This website is about discovering the Netherlands, its history and culture.
If you're interested in exploring, and want to go for it the relaxed way, digging a bit deeper than the obvious tourist attractions, I'd gladly help you.
I assure you, it's worth it.
But you don't have to take my word for it ... just check it out at feedback.
And there's of course plenty of background information in resources.
I hope this website will be useful for you. Also if we don't meet : welcome to Holland.
Enjoy, and good travels !
Menu on top, from left to right :
- What : the full range of ways I can help you discovering the Netherlands.
- Where : in historical city centres, and the countryside near Amsterdam.
- Tips : practical points that could optimize your visit to Holland.
- Resources : background information on aspects of history and culture.
- Video : selected video clips.
- Photo : pictures of the Netherlands, and of my region in particular.
- Links : websites in English that may be useful for your travel plans.
- Feedback : reviews and experiences of guests.
What my tours are all about.
- History of the people.
The Netherlands are a very unique country in many respects.
For one thing, the land to live on is not self-evident here, and that makes a huge difference !
The possibilities and quality of life were, and still are, fully dependant on the decisions of people. And people are bound to make mistakes. In the past, today, and probably in the future as well.
The offer is to show you that fascinating story of these Low Countries by the sea during a history walk, a bicycle day trip or in other ways, like with a presentation or cooking session. All of it for a better understanding of present day Holland, its culture and the people.
While just having fun and a good time too, of course.
- Small scale and personalized.
Any activity is just for you, your family, your party. What I do has nothing to do with "fast food industrial tourism".
Yes, it will cost you time, and a bit more money than joining the crowd. But then, what you get is a unique experience, tailored to your interests. A day you sure will remember. See also feedback, what other guests had to say.
- A good start of your stay.
One more point I would like to mention here. Because it has been brought up time and again by guests after we had met.
They told me that this introduction to Holland had put the rest of their visit in a completely different, and richer, perspective.
Proved also an ideal opportunity to get practical information and suggestions from an experienced local. Simply very useful, especially of course at the beginning of a stay.
For a quick tour in pictures, you could flip through the photo pages.
to top of page